Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I ordered this sponge as an addendum sponge for my AquaClear 110 Aquarium Power Filter. I don't use carbon or zeolite in my filter so the added sponge is good for some extra bacterial growth and as another layer of mechanical filtration.
I was slightly disappointed that the newer AquaClear sponge was obviously made from a different material than my older AquaClear sponge. The newer material is more porous and not nearly as effective at catching particulates. I also think there is less area for bacterial growth as the newer sponge is significantly less dense than my older sponge. I wasn't entirely pleased with the overall quality and hope this is just an issue for one batch of these sponges and not the trend for AquaClear sponges in the future.
The sponges do their job, but with a denser sponge they could do their job better. I usually trust Hagen products, but I am concerned with this sponge's decrease in quality and hope this isn't indicative of Hagen products in general.
Click Here to see more reviews about: AquaClear 110 Foam Insert
Click here for more information about AquaClear 110 Foam Insert
No comments:
Post a Comment