Sunday, November 27, 2011

RED SEA PRIZM HANG ON SKIMMER Review

RED SEA PRIZM HANG ON SKIMMER
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I made the mistake of buying one of these and have regretted it ever since!
1. Needs constant adjustment. You think you have it set where you want it; the next time you turn around the collection cup is either full with water (that looks clean)or it's not making any foam/skimmate at all.
2. The adjustment is too sensitive! You get it set just about where you think it should be, but when you adjust the control just a touch. I'm talking a mm or less, you overshoot what you hoped for.
3. Within days mine started to leak; a slow drip. I finally figured out that the leak was coming from one of the acrylic seams that had started to pull apart. I actually read on another forum that their Prizm leaked and caused a fire! Didn't happen to me, but the leak was slow enough that I didn't notice it until the carpet behind the tank was saturated.
4. Once I was able to get it set up as close as possible to where I wanted it, it still didn't work well at all and I have a 55 gallon tank.
5. Finally, after going through this process and getting it kind of working they way you want, in a few days or less you'll find it needs to be adjusted again!
They are fairly inexpensive as skimmers go, but IMO definitely not worth the frustration, time, and hassle!

Click Here to see more reviews about: RED SEA PRIZM HANG ON SKIMMER



Buy NowGet 28% OFF

Click here for more information about RED SEA PRIZM HANG ON SKIMMER

No comments:

Post a Comment