Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Works but not that well. Set it up to feed a 33 gallon long marine aquarium for a week while I was on vacation. I do like the way the drum rotates completely all the way around at once to dump food, some feeders use a slow turning of a drum to time the addition of food. Setup of the timer is just more complex than it should be. I used the included Velcro to mount the feeder to the top of a wood canopy where the flakes were to fall into a section I cut out for the hang-on-tank protein skimmer to fit in. Upon pulling the drum off to add flakes the plastic backing of the drum pulled out and bent(not good)although I was able to get it almost back into position when I put the drum back on. Also, when I returned the feeder had leaned over off the Velcro so that it was out of optimal position and the flakes weren't falling as they should. My fish lived but I wouldn't trust it again.
EDIT: I gave this product another try when going on vacation for two weeks this October 2007. When set up properly and filled properly this feeder works with out fail. I secured the feeder to a strip of scrap wood screwed into the tank hood so that it had to stay in place. I also filled the drum through the discharge hole instead of pulling the drum off. My fish were still fat and happy on my return. Can't be beat for the price. 5 Stars. If you lose the instructions for setting feeding times you can go to the link below for a complete on line copy.
[...]
Click Here to see more reviews about: AquaChef Aquarium Fish Feeder
Click here for more information about AquaChef Aquarium Fish Feeder
No comments:
Post a Comment