Monday, March 12, 2012

X-Terminator Mantis Shrimp Trap Review

X-Terminator Mantis Shrimp Trap
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This could be a nice trap if they had a functional QA system to inspect the product before it ships to the customer. OK, so I receive my first Mantis trap and the trap door spring is broken into pieces with no damage to the box, which means it left the factory that way. I returnd it and received my replacement trap by mail and noticed I cannot set the trap because the trap door was not trimmed properly and sticks open. I did not want to send another one back and have to wait again so I took a razor blade and trimmed the excess junk plastic off of the trap door and finnally got it to work. I placed it into the tank and noticed in just a few days that the trap door spring was already starting to rust. I had a few different pests to capture so, I had to leave it in the tank for 2 weeks. The only good news is it did catch crabs, fish, snails etc. By the end of the 2 weeks the spring was rusted very badly. They should have made the spring out of corosion resistant steel since it is desighed for a salt water tank instead of using very low quality cheap junk metal. Keep in mind it is also possible to contaminate your water with the rusted metal biproducts and chemicals leached into your tank from the quickly disintegrating metal spring. This could be especially toxic to a small nano reef tank. I took the trap out of the tank and thoroughly rinsed off the salt water and immediatly dried it off to try and mimumize corosion. I stored it for 2 months and when I took it out of the box to reuse it the junk metal spring had rusted so badly it had crumbled into pieces, rendering the trap useless! If you purchase this trap realize it is so poorly manufactured that it will only last you one use and into the trash it will go. Hopefully it will catch the pest before it falls apart and poisions you reef tank. I would not recommend this waste of money to anyone! Thanks for listening.
Don from Minnesota, 13 year reef tank owner.

Click Here to see more reviews about: X-Terminator Mantis Shrimp Trap



Buy NowGet 12% OFF

Click here for more information about X-Terminator Mantis Shrimp Trap

No comments:

Post a Comment