Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)First let me say that I own this Aqueon filter and another model of theirs, the Power Filter 20.
I had this filter installed on a 10 gallon tank and I had no complaints on its actual performance. The water in the tank stayed clean and clear, without alot of fuss and bother on my part. Aside from having to clean the end of the water pickup tube from time to time and changing the filter cartridges - an easy task of removing the filter lid, pulling out the old one, inserting the new one and replacing the lid - this filter was very close to maintenance free. I find, on the whole, that Aqueon products are well made and last.
My one BIG complaint with this filter is that the filter cartridges don't last long before they need to be replaced. The Power Filter 20 (installed on a 20 gallon tank) uses up one cartridge in about 3 - 4 weeks. This Power Filter 10 goes through a cartrdge in about 1 week! When I saw how fast this was happening, I really started to monitor how much I was feeding, how often I vacuumed the tank bottom, etc. Still, the filter continued to go through cartridges, becoming much more expensive to operate then the Power Filter 20 model (Although the the Power Filter 10 and its cartridges are cheaper then the Power Filter 20, it will actually cost you more to use after a couple months of having to change the cartridges so often).
I have since switched this filter out for a Power Filter 20 and actually get 4+ weeks out of the cartrdges with that filter - works great too.
If you are looking for a good filter system for your 10 gallon tank, I suggest skipping this model and getting the Power Filter 20 instead.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Aqueon Power Filter 10
Click here for more information about Aqueon Power Filter 10
No comments:
Post a Comment