Monday, April 16, 2012

CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate 20 lb Review

CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate 20 lb
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I recently acquired a new 60 gallon tank and decided to take the plunge to live plants instead of silk. This product came highly recommended over Flourite from a guy who has 12 planted aquariums. Love the black color with a black background - the green of the plants and colors of the fish jump out at you as if it were 3D!
This product is a bit heavier than the Flourite and seems to hold the plants better. Additionally, you do not have the mess of endless rinsing - Eco Complete comes already cleaned and packed with a liquid bacteria mix. You simply dump the contents into your cleaned tank. It also comes with a packet of water clarifier if needed - I didn't need to use it - I had no water clouding, whereas with the Flourite, even after extensive rinsing, the water was very cloudy.
My tank has only been up and running 2 weeks, but the plants look fabulous - and they had a very rough trip home from the aquarium store where I bought them. Over an hour drive in cold weather and then they had to sit in buckets of water for 3 days until I could get them planted. They looked pretty sad coming out of the buckets, but perked up within hours of going in the Eco-Complete.
I am adding fish slowly from a 20 gallon tank, but so far, all are happy and healthy. My cories think they died and went to heaven because they can root around in this stuff whereas they couldn't in the gravel they were in. Supposedly, fish prefer a dark substrate, but mine aren't talking - I just know they seem very happy in their new digs.


Click Here to see more reviews about: CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate 20 lb



Buy NowGet 20% OFF

Click here for more information about CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate 20 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment