Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fluval U3 Underwater Filter Review

Fluval U3 Underwater Filter
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I've had the U3 in my heavily planted 55 gallon tank for a couple of months now. I was looking for a filter that wouldn't stir up my tank as badly as my old HOB filter did. The integrated spray bar was what initially attracted me to the U3.
It's turned out to be a good choice for another reason. The filter intake is spread over a large area on both sides, which greatly reduces the intake pressure. This is great for my ghost shrimp. The adults like to pick at the intake sponges through the slots, and they've successfully spawned more than once.
The filter is easy to clean, too. The filter media is mounted in plastic trays that slide right out the top of the filter. Just turn off the filter, remove the media, and rinse it in old tank water. I clean mine this way every week or two.
I bought an extra set of media when I got the filter, but I'd guess that the media will probably last 9 months to a year before it needs to be replaced. Since the media basically consists of three separate pieces, you can avoid restarting your tank's nitrogen cycle by only replacing one part of the media at a time.
Overall, I'm very pleased with this filters performance. Fluval actually recommends the U4 for my size tank, but with all the plants in the tank, all I really need is mechanical filtration and supplementary biological filtration. The U3 is meeting my needs very well.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Fluval U3 Underwater Filter



Buy NowGet 48% OFF

Click here for more information about Fluval U3 Underwater Filter

No comments:

Post a Comment