Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I just never felt like my 15g tank (24x12x12) was working out for them - it's not very high for climbing once several inches of substrate was in there... I was going to just go huge but i wanted to keep the base 24 deep so it could stay in my office in the same place - impossible for a tank apparently - i essentially wanted a deeper tank and taller - so more of a cube. I found this just as I was getting frustrated and I'm so happy I found it! it's 18x18 on the bottom, so not quite as big as I had wanted, but it's 24" tall - essentially I didn't lose any ground space but gained a lot of climbing room. It was nearly 1/2 the price as the other brand's version, and I do love the quality. the door opens full in the front, allowing me to get out all the water and food dishes much easier - plus a front open allows easier misting and moving around decor. I use big sheets of cork to provide several levels with various cork/cholla climbing and hiding areas.
the top screen is good quality and has hidden holes in case you needed a wire to enter the tank, but actually too fine for my crabs to any longer use it to crawl around upside down on - and I wrapped it in plastic wrap to hold in the humidity - i will likely buy a bit a plexiglass eventually to replace it. The door does leave a small gap on either side, plus there is an air flow strip under the door - i think this provides much better air flow in the tank instead of just a top screen (which i have to cover anyhow to keep in humidity). The door & air flow strip are a good 4 inches off the bottom, leaving the perfect depth for burrowing substrate.
I'm thrilled. The only thing that could have made this better is if it had been 24 w x 18d x 24 h - i would have loved to have kept the width of the 15g while gaining depth and height.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Zoo Med Terrarium Naturalist 18L x 18W x 24H
Click here for more information about Zoo Med Terrarium Naturalist 18L x 18W x 24H
No comments:
Post a Comment