Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)My 10 gallon tank had sea horses in it and because of that, the tank can certainly get filthy in a hurry. Since I never had Sea Horses, I didn't think to buy the clean team which includes: snails, crabs, and a starfish. From what I read, hermit crabs with pinchers will attack the sea horses. The Sea Horses, which are beautiful creatures are also deliberately slow eaters. Uneaten food will sit for a very long time. My water got cloudy very quickly and I found that I had to change the water a lot but this didn't do much good. I felt like I had to get a really powerful filter usually reserved for a 45 gallon tank. I orginally had a whisper filter that seemed like it didn't work. To top it off, the filter's motor burnt out. I was without a filter and didn't know what to do.
I went to my pet shop and this filter was recommend. What a difference! Within an hour, the water was so clear, it seemed like it was filtered water with no one in it. I was amazed. Even with Sea Horses, this filter was able to keep up and do the job. The filter uses a pad and has a biological filtration area (there is no need to add any biological agent at all, the filter "creates it." You can add some to help speed things along. The filter pad is inexpensive. I bought a 3-pack. The one knock is that it creates a strong stream that will send weak fish flying ie Sea Horses and if you have plants, be sure to dig them in deep; they might get unhinged. I had a item in the tank that the sea horses can latch on but, sometimes, it was leaning because of the filter stream. I moved it to the other side and there were no issues. Funny how one of my Sea Horses loved to go though the current, he seemed to purposely swim near the filter current, get swept away, and come back. Also, if your tank is not filled high enough, the current (out take) will "dig" a hole in your sand/gravel. Other than that, this is a terrific filter. All of the "issues" are hardly anything to cause you to overlook this filter. This filter does its job and does it well! Keep in mind; sea horses are very messy eaters and slow to eat. About half of their food accumulates on the bottom of the tank. The water eventually gets cloudy but when I had this filter; the water NEVER was/got cloudy! Cleaning the filter was a cinch. Removing the filter pad and replacing them was a cinch also. The filter pads are very inexpensive. The filter is very quiet. If yours is loud, your could of assembled it wrong or got a defective one.
* I recommened this filter for my wife's cousin who has a tropical fish tank (a beta, pleco, catfish, and a few goldfish). She loves the filter and hasn't lost any fish at all***
Click Here to see more reviews about: Aqueon QuietFlow 10 Power Filter - Up to 10 gallons - 6.25 in x 3.5 in x 6 in
No comments:
Post a Comment