Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Although the Aqua Clear 20 is made in Italy, the replacement carbon is made in China. The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was a strange smell. At first I did not know where it was coming from, then I realized that what I just opened up definitely smelled like raw chicken. Even after rinsing repeatedly with salt water it still had this strange odor. I was worried about using this in my aquarium; I eventually washed it twice with mild soap and water (I wonder what this will do to the carbon), then I rinsed it with salt water and it finally smelled OK to me. What the hell are they doing at the plant where this carbon is made? I think in the future I may make my own filters using these mesh bags that are sold separately at some pet stores. (you can buy activated carbon you can buy in bulk).
Click Here to see more reviews about: Activated Carbon for Aqua Clear 20 and Mini - 3 pk
Click here for more information about Activated Carbon for Aqua Clear 20 and Mini - 3 pk
No comments:
Post a Comment