Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)There are some good and some very mediocre supplements and foods for your reef aquarium out there on the market. This product was suggested to me by my LFS (live fish store) and several friends in the reef keeping community when I was having problems with stagnant growth in my coral even though they were being fed regularly. I tried it out for a few weeks and noticed some very encouraging feeding behavior in my Zoas and my Xenia sp. (Waving Hand) and Clavularia sp. (Glove Polyp). In addition my Nephthyigorgia sp. (Chili) really took off.
I don't think that words can adequately describe how wonderful it is to look into your tank and see measurable growth in a month on corals that were remaining healthy but always the same size. It was very impressive and has become part of my regular feeding regimen for the tank.
While I have not noticed any additional growth surge in my Christmas Tree or Feather Duster and Coco worms they do appear to really enjoy the Reef Snow from Brightwell. As I do not have any sponges living in my reef (unless you count a few Pineapple) I cannot attest to the effectiveness of this product at helping keep them healthy.
Perhaps the best thing about this product is that whether you follow the exact daily dosing directions, broadcast feed a few times a week, or direct (which is what I do for my coral) feed regularly with it mixed in to your slurry it will not cause a spike in Nitrate levels or disrupt the natural balance of other chemicals in the tank. While I have been using it I have not had to clean the sand less but I haven't needed to up my routine cleanings.
It will heavily cloud your water for several minutes, even after you have turned back on your pumps, but this is just fine as it shows how the Reef Snow is permeating the water column in the tank and making it even to the back of your live rock where you may have Feather Dusters or other tube worms and possibly a spread of coral. This supplemental food will also be happily devoured by your snails.
Ultimately I can't fathom what I would do without this product or why I would stop using it in the future. It does a fantastic job at what it says it should and has only enhanced my tank instead of detracting from it.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Brightwell Aquatics Reef Snow - Replicates Marine Snow in all Marine Aquaria 500ml / 17oz
No comments:
Post a Comment