Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nano Cube 24 Gallon Deluxe Review

Nano Cube 24 Gallon Deluxe
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
At first I loved this tank. I had an older 5 gal nano cube from a different company and I bought this to "upgrade". I used the cube for saltwater for my two seahorses and some coral. It was the perfect size and would have been my favorite tank, had it worked.
These animals/coral had lived for a few years in my 5 gal nano. Sadly, they lasted only three months in this new tank before they all died. The tanks had been running for four months, including the initial set up time/cycling of the new tank. I am an avid aquarist who has been raising livestock for several years, so trust me that I did all the normal maintenance you would normally do on a tank, including water changes, cleaning, water testing, etc.
I found the root of the problem and the cause of the crash was the filter. The shaft that holds the propeller in the pump RUSTED and caused the pump to fail. Who designs a pump that RUSTS?????
Also, the design of the filter is flawed and I don't feel it gets enough oxygen in the water. IF you are going to buy this tank for saltwater, use a different pump (one that isn't going to rust on you) and invest in a nano skimmer to increase the oxygen in the water.
My friend had the same nano cube and his crashed after only two months. He doesn't know the source of the problem, but I imagine it is the same situation.
Also, the lid is designed and built really cheap. The front flip lid broke after one month of use.
I imagine this will be just fine for freshwater since it is not as corrosive of an agent as saltwater and may take longer to rust the pump.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Nano Cube 24 Gallon Deluxe



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Nano Cube 24 Gallon Deluxe

No comments:

Post a Comment