Saturday, November 10, 2012

Furuno LS4100 5-Inch Waterproof Fishfinder (Without Transducer) Review

Furuno LS4100 5-Inch Waterproof Fishfinder (Without Transducer)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Hello,
I get wrong depth readings with the Furuno LS4100 Echo Sounder when in shallow water. (The transducer is their 525T-PWD transom mount device.) This is water less than 5 feet in depth. This applies to both fresh water and salt water. This is especially so in silty salt water. I boat mainly at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay along the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and the Eastern Shore Barrier Islands of VA. At some locations, I'm in 40-60 feet of water. In other locations, I'm frequently in ocean shoal areas with ocean swells breaking. This is a very dangerous environment to be in, especially when currents and/or wind are blowing my boat toward the breakers. I also get wrong depth readings at various boat ramp sites (both fresh and salt waters). The readings frequently bounce around with readings that are too high, sometimes double the value. I've experimented with changing the GAIN setting, and this fails to give better readings.
A reputable electronics department in the Richmond VA area tells me that this device is too powerful for the type of boating that I do. It's for "blue-water boating". Well, such boating still requires reliable readings when passing thru dangerous ocean inlets.
I have no faith in this Furuno product, and do not recommend it.
Robert.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Furuno LS4100 5-Inch Waterproof Fishfinder (Without Transducer)



Buy NowGet 18% OFF

Click here for more information about Furuno LS4100 5-Inch Waterproof Fishfinder (Without Transducer)

No comments:

Post a Comment