Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Doesn't fit the plumbing on a Magnum 350 canister filter so I used a bit of the spare hose from the magnum to make an adapter between the intake and the skimmer.
The adjustment bar is really tall but putting the filter deeper into the water helps.
I have switched from a 28oz plastic cup with notches cut in the top as my surface skimmer to this one, hopefully it performs as well as a cup. The design looks more professional than a cup for sure.
I thought about using this item in my other tank with the CFS500 canister filter but there's no apparent way to hook it up to the intake on the large (1" inner diameter) hose.
I would give this product 5 stars if it came with some adapters and maybe some smooth hose instead of the ribbed one it comes with.
UPDATE: After running this surface skimmer for 24 hours I can say that my 28oz cup definitely outperforms this skimmer but again, this thing looks a LOT better than a cup. Two would probably work better for a 55 gal.
Click Here to see more reviews about: TOM Aquarium Surface Skimmer-canister and power filters
Click here for more information about TOM Aquarium Surface Skimmer-canister and power filters
No comments:
Post a Comment