Saturday, November 5, 2011

Tetra ReptoFilter In-tank Filter 10i, for Terrariums up to 20 Gallons Review

Tetra ReptoFilter In-tank Filter 10i, for Terrariums up to 20 Gallons
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I purchased this for a pair of painted turtles to be housed in a 10 gallon tank and I am overly pleased. I find it to be a lot more powerful than anticipated, and it's extremely quiet. We have the tank in the same room where we sleep and it doesn't bother me one bit. I am a very sensitive sleeper also. The slightest of disturbances will awake me from the deepest of sleep. Regardless of where you keep the water level, it's as tranquil as ever.
This filter is so powerful that it usually sucks 1 inch chunks of cucumber right to it's grate. It does not harm any of our fish and it doesn't bother the turtles either. The refills are very affordable, and if you perform water changes regularly, this filter will do an exceptional job. I have no issues with the heavy duty suction cups, other than sometimes they suck to hard to the glass. I will usually have to give the cups a pinch to break the suction from the aquarium wall. Be careful, because if you pull the unit too hard the suction cups will pop right out of the holes in the back. They are easily placed right back into place, though.
I have owned fish tanks for over ten years and I find the Tetra Repto Filter (10 gallon) to be one of the most impressive I have seen. This unit is submersible, so you will need to get used to the natural process of algae forming on the cord, as well as the casing of the unit. The filter blends into the background and visitors hardly ever comment on the appearance. Like any other filter, you want to rinse out the (black) bio filter each time you do a (carbon) filter change. As long as you're not planning to use this for a much larger tank, I think you will be impressed too.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Tetra ReptoFilter In-tank Filter 10i, for Terrariums up to 20 Gallons



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Tetra ReptoFilter In-tank Filter 10i, for Terrariums up to 20 Gallons

No comments:

Post a Comment