Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Initially had a 5 star review and had to update it. After 6 months of ownership, I've had nothing but trouble with this system. The aquarium itself is OK... hard to mess up a block of glass and some plastic I guess. But the entire hood including bulbs, ballasts, and fans is just a poorly designed money pit. The fans do nothing but squeal for 10 minutes when they first come on. Originals did that and even the free replacements are now doing it. Already had to replace the $30 actinic bulb after only 6 months, and finally had to take out the bio balls as they were loading the tank with nitrates (common problem with bio balls). The hood traps all heat too, and I had to install a supplementary fan to remove heat from inside the aquarium. Finally, every time I take the hood off to do a cleaning and water change, if I don't set the hood down with a feather light touch, the daylight bulb has to be reseated before it'll work again as the connector isn't a good quality connector. This seemed like a simple and effective kit when I first bought it, hence the initial 5 star review. It's not until after the tank cycles and the electronics have been in use for a few months that you realize how much effort it takes to get this setup stable and working properly for a reef tank. After all my fiddling, improvements, and replacement parts, I've got it working but I dropped my rating considering all the quality issues I've had. If the hood electronics weren't such low quality, I'd probably rate it 4 stars.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Oceanic BioCube 29 Aquarium, 29 gal.
Click here for more information about Oceanic BioCube 29 Aquarium, 29 gal.
No comments:
Post a Comment