Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Granted, I haven't had it for but two days, but this Finnex 4 gallon tank is really quite nice. I like it's clean edges and the lighting on the PC fixture is really bright - perfect for plants (I think) but maybe not corals. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is due to the filter - it's pretty decent for it's size, but you need to use the extensions on it for it to reach the water, so it doesn't look exactly like the advertised picture. (Of course I could be doing something wrong but it's not really a big deal).
I bought this for a betta, so after the tank's cycled I'll update this review.
UPDATE 04/20/2011:
The betta is doing well. At first, I was afraid that the filtration was too strong for him, as he seemed to be struggling to swim whenever he wandered into the current, but I believe it was a combination of him being accustomed to stagnant water in his little store cup and not having enough water in the tank. I topped it off, planted a nice little plant in front of the filter to buffer the flow a bit, and gave him a few days. He seems to be doing a lot better now. He's swimming around, apparently unaware or unbothered by the flow. I have three tiny neon tetras in there with him, and they are completely unaffected by the force of the filter, but then again they are pretty fast fish. If you buy this set-up for a betta, I think it will work really well but I would recommend buffering the flow of the filter with something like a plant or decoration, due to them being relatively slow-swimming fish.
Click Here to see more reviews about: FT-1201: Finnex 4 Gallon Aquarium - 13W Aluminium Power Compact Fixutre - HOB Filter
No comments:
Post a Comment